Are you thinking about serving as a La Cima JC or ¡La Chispa! RC?
In addition to your basic information, we are asking six questions on our online application:
1. Why do you want to be a JC or RC?
2. Junior Counselors (JCs) and Resident Counselors (RCs) will be responsible for the well being of middle school and high school students in the dorms. This is the biggest responsibility at the retreat. How will you ensure safety and inclusion in the dorms?
3. We will explore identity development, school involvement and parent outreach. How can you help in these areas?
4. What kinds of people and situations bring out the best in you?
5. We all have triggers (things, people, behavior that sets us off or that we react to with anger). We ask our staff to explore theirs, because we believe that being aware of our own and our team's triggers can help prevent uncomfortable situations (and conflict). Please share what might be one for you.
6. Describe your ability to read, write and speak in both English and Spanish.
You can apply for the following events:
- Resident Counselor (RC) at ¡La Chispa! Retreat, Cispus Learning Center, WA. February 22-25, 2014. Open to high school sophomores and up. Due January 15th.
- Junior Counselor (JC) at La Cima ArkLaTex Retreat, Centenary College, LA. June 6-8, 2014. Open to college freshman and up. Due April 15th.
- Junior Counselor (JC) at La Cima WA Camp, Cispus Learning Center, WA. June 26-July 2, 2014. Open to college freshman and up. Due March 15th.