Thank you for choosing to serve as a volunteer counselor with La Cima!
Thanks for taking time out of your life to help us with camp. JCs are an important piece of the camp puzzle. Together, we will help delegates explore three big questions:
- Who am I?
- What can I do?
- Where do I go from here?
- Help facilitate reflections activity each night in dorms
- Define and supervise dorm living area. At least one JC present in dorm at all times when delegates are present
- Lead dorm group icebreakers
- Model presentation techniques for council evening presentations
- Help facilitate campfire/social
- Create camp décor
- Help delegates into dorms during registration & assist with early-bird activities
- Help with organized recreation
- Prepare supplies for council
- Act as teaching assistant for the Senior Counselors (SCs)
- Act as a peer adviser for the delegates
- Model responsible behaviors
- Observe camp climate
- Show sincere enthusiasm (cheerleader for camp)
- Promote inclusion
- Pursuing higher education in your personal life
- Learn and grow as a person and leader
- Demonstrate servant leadership