LA CIMA One-day workshop
October 19, 2017
8:30AM - 1:30PM
Everett High School at Everett Community College
Everett High School Students
Student Participants Will:
- Build an academic identity through positive connections with Latino high school and college role models
- Engage in a bilingual & biliterate environment designed to promote the value of reading, writing and speaking in two languages
- Learn leadership and life skills including: goal setting, teambuilding, leadership styles, resiliency, service to one’s school and community, and negotiating a bicultural existence
- *Adults attending the conference will learn with their students and will also have networking time with other committed educators and community members from 11am-noon.
- 8:30 Arrival
- Share your dreams and success with younger students.
- Serve as a role model for the one-day workshop by following directions, speaking on the mic, and smiling. • Facilitate a group of 9-14 high school students.
- Participate with enthusiasm! Bring a sack lunch!
- Please arrive at 7:30 a.m. to help the facilitators set up. You will receive a T-shirt, a notebook with handouts, lesson plans, a schedule and some instruction on activities. • The day ends at 2:00 p.m.
A Right Question
At La Cima, we will ask and answer important questions such as, “Can you tell us about your family’s educational history, and what that means to you?” Please consider this question and be prepared to share your story. Here are a few more, “Can you tell a story about failure and what you learned from it? Can you tell a story about success?”